SMART AND KIND WAYS TO LOSE 5KG BEFORE SUMMER START
This is NOT complicated, just HABITS CHANGES that actually last.
I don't talk much about losing weight as I don't believe in diets. I have mentioned in the past about the primary food (spirituality, relationships, career, exercise and sleep) that is a complement to the plate of food, a healthy weight will naturally follow, but no matter the approach we want to know how to lose 5 to 10 pounds.
Maybe you have been eating extra because of the cold season, time to keep well nourished with extra kilos, or maybe you have been working too much and leading to sky-high cortisol levels and overeating. Maybe you went on the holidays of your dreams like it happened to me, going away with my son to visit my mum and brother was a bliss so all the happiness I eat it in a shape of cakes and sweet and no regrets at all, or maybe you have been eating very healthy, but still feel like there is a little bit of extra weight that won't budge.
The solution is here, there is nothing wrong with removing a few pounds if you do it in a healthy way while respecting your body.
TRY TO DO THIS:
- Learn to know how much to eat by listening to your body, this is a key when it comes to losing weight.
- I would love to teach you how to measure your level of hunger with numbers: HQ “hunger quotient” the number is related to a feeling that describes how hungry you truly are.
- You want to aim, to be between a 6 and a 4 at the beginning and end of your meals and snacks, 6 is slightly hungry and 4 is slightly satisfied. When you skip meals and snacks during the day your HQ gets thrown off and you end up making poor food choices and overeating.
- Set to sleep at the same time
- When you sleep more, you have less time to eat and you will have better food choices. Those people who are sleep deprived have high levels of ghrelin a hormone that stimulates the appetite circulating in their blood which causes an increase in hunger.
- Start your day with a cup of green tea, full of antioxidants to detox and cleanse your digestive system, therefore, burning fat and longer life.
- Eat your veggies first. During your meals, fill up with greens first. They are packed with fibre and water volume, both of which help you to stay full and regular. Full of antioxidant good anti-inflammatory . Vitamin, C, E and beta carotene or Vit A reduce the fat storage-by regulating your body with the use of the hormone insulin.
- Have hot drinks between meals like green tea, fruit tea, decaf coffee, or water with aloe vera this way you will feel clean and fulfilled as hot drink reduce the appetite.
- Prioritise fat and protein. Eating protein will fill you up and reduce the appetite, it helps build muscle, and more muscle means burning fat. Fat helps you to burn fat . Portion control is the key, but be sure to get around 30 per cent of your calories from fat-and eat it consistently through the day.
- Meditate, yoga or do your spiritual practice. If stress is throwing your hormones out of whack you will be still out of luck in term of weight loss. If you have been stressed for a long period of time you can be an emotional eater. Meditating just for five minutes a day has been shown to reduce anxiety in really impressive ways.
- Exercise regularly but not overdo it. Just 20 mins a day doing your daily workout is good enough. Choose something you like but be consistent, dance away!, Set a work out schedule. You can even walk 3 days a week, maybe one day bicycle, or three days of yoga or simply put a youtube workout for 30 minutes and do exercise at home. Make sure you don't get exhausted or starving that will make you overeat. Doing 7 days a week HIIT will throw you off the cliff and stress your body, combine high-intensity workouts with low intensity like yoga, or just resting.
- Make goals for yourself. The mind is a powerful tool. Try. visualise yourself with 5 kilos less and be consistent. Visualise you being happy in your body, healthy in a good relationship, and attractive.
- Try to have your last meal before 7 pm and hope the meal to be fewer carbohydrates. So it can be a piece of chicken or fish with a portion of salad or a salad with protein in it or maybe a wrap with vegetables and protein in it.